Will this epidemic topple the domestic wine trade?
With exports a small and shrinking portion of consumption and many restaurants ordered closed through June, how much damage will ensue.
Wine America has surveyed 10% of US wineries on estimated losses sustained by March 19th and projected for the full month
Layoffs of 25% of staff
- Normal Employment: 11,043
- March Layoffs: 4,496
- Normal Annual Visitors: 26,096,279
- Events Canceled: 4,582
- Unanticipated Expenses: $840,487
- Total Sample 1085 wineries (10% of US wineries)
- Total Financial Loss in March due to Coronavirus: $40,439,764